Monday, December 29, 2008

Yuletide Recap

Happy to say, Christmas Day was wonderful. For all you who may have doubted me, I DID get it all done!! AND I went to 10pm Mass on Christmas Eve - SO THERE!!

Christmas is different now that our children have grown. We did not rush to open gifts in the morning. I did not stress that their clothes were perfect as company started to arrive. I did not worry that they would be cranky as they did not get enough sleep.

We thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. We ate, drank, and laughed (sounds like a typical Sunday!) After the 'guests' went home, Mr.W. and I gathered with the kids and opened our gifts. This was the first Christmas our oldest son has been home in 6 years. This was a special Christmas for us.

I am glad that Mr. Wonderful and I still have the ability to continue to make Christmas magical for our kids....

3 comments:

anonymous said...

where is the menu???

Michael said...

It was a very special and very memorable day for your son as well! Love You Mom!

Angela said...

For inquiring minds - we did a traditional Italian Christmas. Antipasto, homemade manicotti with TRADITIONAL Italain gravy (meatballs, pork, beef, hot and sweet sausage). Followed by "Chicken and Figs" and a chopped salad. We washed it all down with Homemade wine.

Dessert was homemade baked goods (cake and cookies) - follwed by shots of Lemoncello and Meloncello.

It's "good" to dine at my house!