Monday, August 09, 2010

Catholic School Education

Things I have learned in Catholic School:

God is everywhere and He loves everyone.

You should go to Church every Sunday and every Holy Day of Obligation.

There are 2 kinds of sins: Venial Sin and Mortal Sin

Sex is for the sole purpose of creating life. The church does not sanction birth control.

There are 7 Sacraments: Baptism, Penance, First Communion, Confirmation, Matrimony, Holy Orders, and Last Rites

GOD is made up of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

There are 10 Commandments and they should be the guideline for how you live your life.

There are Angels and Saints who will help us if we ask.

It is better to give than to receive.

Always bless yourself with Holy Water upon entering and exiting the Church.

No matter how thin you are, you can never look good in a pleated skirt –

I learned that when it seems like you are all alone in the world, God reaches out and holds your heart for you.

I think the most important lesson I learned in Catholic School is to smile and be nice to people. Having hooked up with old classmates through facebook, I have been told over and over that the one thing they remember is me smiling all the time. What a wonderful way to be remembered!!

I guess it WAS worth all that tuition!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree with all of the above - plus add that not only is the pleated skirt look hard to pull off, the knee sock bit makes it even worse. I'm not a Catholic school kid (just a mother) but I've seen skinny girls in the upper grades look chubby with the one-two punch of the pleated skirt and the knee sock.

Aunt La said...

It's when you try to roll the pleated shirt to shorten it that really makes it look bad!