Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Wrap-Up

I am considering this Summer one of the best in my life so far.

We started the season with a visit from Allison in May. This, of course, meant we had to have a party!! YAY!!

Shortly thereafter, we heard of the birth of a dozen St. Bernard pups out in Michigan. This was followed by Mr. Wonderful dancing around the house chanting, "I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE!" There were several negotiations, but finally a decision was made and plans were set in place to get a puppy.

An impromptu 4th of July get-away to Florida led to us meeting my new friend, face to face (see previous post).

Then it was off to Michigan. Little Michael and I had a wonderful adventure and made an awesome memory. Bringing Brandy home to Mr. Wonderful was almost as exciting as giving birth to my last child... (in many ways, it was MORE exciting... sorry, Bobby)

Who could forget the 80th Surprise Birthday party for my mom?? (still putting away stuff from that party....)

I entertained classmates from high school - we had not seen eachother in 36 years!!

OFF TO BOSTON!!! Allison and I had the BEST TIME EVER!! We partied hardy and slept little!! When I got off the plane in NY, with my sunglasses and baseball cap and Mr. Wonderful greeted me with the biggest kiss and hug and said, "You look beautiful", I fell in love with him all over again.

KUDOS to Michelle, "Fred", and Allison as they journey through the withdrawal of cigarettes. I am so proud of you all.

We will officially wrap up the Summer with a BBQ at a friend's house this weekend.

All that is left of the Summer is to pick the rest of the tomatoes off the plants, and dry the herbs from my herb garden.... OH YEAH - AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE KEY WEST TRIP AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!

As always, there are many tribulations in life... it is the wise person who chooses to focus on the joys and blessings... They say wisdom comes with age. I am looking forward to growing old....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOung lady you will never grow old, only with numbers. You have so many gifts from God that you have been a blessing to this world we live in.
And yes thank you for sharing your summer with me and others, it has made my summer more complete.
Looking forward to the changes that are ahead, and we can conquer all of them by working together with God's help.
You are the best ever.
And no Allison we are not dating (lol)