Monday, October 08, 2012

Dancing machines!

As the "big day" was approaching, Mr. Wonderful suggested that we take some dance lessons so we would really enjoy the reception.  Hmmm, what the hell was he talking about???  I enjoy EVERY wedding reception!!  I usually dance all night long!! - OH WAIT!!!  I usually dance all the real slow romantic songs with Mr. W. and everything else with assorted cousins and friends!!!

Since I obviously love to dance, taking dance lessons was a no-brainer for me.  My father was a wonderufl dancer and I grew up learning how to be a wonderful dance partner.  I could follow anything he did on the dance floor.  I was excited at the thought of "tripping the light fantastic" with the love of my life.

We signed up for 10 lessons  - we were to complete these lessons in less than 3 weeks - YOU do the math!  We practice everyday in our livingroom.  I have never seen the man so intent on mastering a skill!  I must say, this is the most fun we've had in a long time.  We laugh, we hug, we move in rhythm - and we can do it all in public!!

I was trying to figure out his sudden motivation for learning to dance.    Was it that he did not want me to dance with anyone else at the wedding?  Was it that he would rather be on the dance floor than make small talk with 300 people?  Was it that he wanted to expand the horizons of the things we can do together?  I stopped trying figure it all out..... I am just being the best dance partner I can be!

No comments: