Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Smiling with Strangers

Went to a Wine Tasting in the city last night with Michael and Brett.  It was a small room with one long table.  Twenty-six strangers proceeded to share a meal and taste some wine.

I was so fortunate to be sitting next to a friendly gentleman who immediately introduced himself to me.  His wife sat on the other side of him.  The conversation eventually revealed that I lost my husband recently and that I had 39 wonderful years with him.   Dave worked very hard to be attentive to his wife, Melanie,  and to continue to engage me in conversation about my life.   I had a rare opportunity to share some warm, happy memories....

I don't remember every aspect of the food we ate or the wine we drank.  I do remember that I smiled all evening and I was able to talk about my Mr. Wonderful without being sad at all.  At the end of the night, these two strangers hugged and kissed me good-bye and thanked me for restoring their faith in true love...