Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Time to purge!

In my unending effort to re-invent ME, I have just finished going through my closets.  My recent weight loss has rendered more than half the clothes in there useless.  In the past, I never would have purged all those clothes, I would have just moved them to a different room!!  Not today...

I must have tried on 20 pairs of black dress pants: wide legs, skinny legs, short ones, long ones, loose ones and tight ones - YOU NAME IT, I had it!  I tossed them all!!  I have not purchased a pair of black dress pants since we are living in this house (nearly 12 years!)  Will some of them come back in style?  Will any of them fit better another time?  Should I hold on to any of them?  Not today...

Anything with a stain was tossed - in the past I would have saved those T-shirts and sweatshirts for "when I did dirty work".  Not today....

I even went through my underwear and pajamas!!  Do I really need 48 pairs of panties? stretched out bras? 10 year old pajamas?  Not today...

This allowed me to open Mike's closet.... the boys had taken anything they wanted, anything that they could use.  I tossed anything with a stain on it (specifically a coffee stain right in the middle of the chest!).  Was I ready to get rid of everything?  Not today...

The Veterans are picking up 10 bags of clothes today.  Am I sad to see it all go?  Not today...

No comments: