Thursday, March 31, 2016

It's all about choices

I am a fun person...  (so I've been told).

In my ever changing life, I am bouncing between the single teenager I was 40 years ago and the person I am today who buys "senior" tickets as entry to the movies (this grey hair works in my favor sometimes).  These past 40 years were filled with responsibility - being an attentive wife and the best mom I could be.  Well, my "wife" title no longer applies and my children are all adults.  So, where does that leave me?

I have opened the door to the rest of my life.  I am taking a few things with me: my years of experience, my fragile heart, and my sense of humor.  I like to smile.  I like to laugh.  I like to hear the laughter of others.  I have found that a smile is surely contagious.

Everyone has "crap" - we just carry it differently.  I like to keep mine safely bundled up deep inside. I am learning that life is way too short to give "the crap" center stage.

I have witnessed my kids finding humor in the blandest of situations - I take credit for that!  I am so grateful that I've passed on the importance of laughter.  I am resigned to face the rest of my life with open arms and a smile.... hoping I can make some other people smile along the way....

No comments: