Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Is it Wednesday? Another Mother's Day....

Once a year , on the second Sunday in May, America celebrates Mother's Day.  More flowers are purchased on this occasion than any other.  Restaurants are bombarded with families.  Hallmark has a field day.

My children have asked me repeatedly about this coming Sunday.  My answer remains the same each time.  No need to fuss on this Sunday.  

I am blessed to have children who make me a part of their everyday lives.  I hear from them regularly (read that: everyday) and I see them often.  They check on me, they confide in me, they ask my opinion.  They show their love in the most subtle ways everyday.

I am so proud to be the mother of these kids.  I don't need a National Holiday to be recognized as a good mom.  They let me know it everyday.....

No comments: