Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Automobile Crossroads

Where in the marital vows is it stated that the husband gets to choose the wife's car??

Mr. Wonderful(?) and I seem to be at a standstill. I am giving my car ('04 Accord) to my daughter (Allison) who was just tranferred down to the Florida Keys. In the event of a hurricane, we want to make sure she has a secure means to get off the island. When I bought this car, I decided it was the LAST car I was going to BUY. (I figured that after it was paid off one of the kids would need it!) It is now time for me to enter the world of "big girl driving" and lease a car. I deserve a new car every couple years!

Herein lies the problem. I want to get another Honda, I've been driving them for years and I love them. Mr. Wonderful has decided that it is time to "up the ante". Mind you, this man has NEVER paid a bill in our married life - has never even opened an envelope that contains a bill. Logic would have it that since I am driving it, I am writing the check that will pay for it, I should get to decide the car. HOWEVER, we are talking about a man and a car - no logic applies.

He is planning on driving my car down to the Keys within the next couple days. While he is away, I will happily drive around in the Pathfinder - however, when he comes home, we better come to some sort of agreement soon or I will be forced to drive the car that he has sitting in the garage, under a cover, that is just wating to become a collector's item (see the rule above about men, cars and logic).

Will keep you posted...

No comments: