Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Insurance Discount

Every 3 years, Mr. Wonderful and I take a 6 Hour Defensive Driving Course. I would like you to believe that we do it because we are civic minded individuals who want to better ourselves. The truth is, we get a 10% discount on our auto insurance by doing this. Ah, money - the great motivator...

I now realize why the course is required every 3 years - It takes that long for you to forget how awful these 6 hours really are! We have had a different instructor each time (and this is our 3rd time). The first one was ok - it was the first time taking the course and we didn't know what to expect. The second time - we scheduled it for one sitting and I brought a good book and sat in the back of the room and read all day. This time - there were 12 people in the class and it was 2 - 3 hour sessions - BIG MISTAKE. First of all, the room was too small to hide. Second of all, the instructor was so into the whole subject matter it was hard not to laugh. To go back for the second half of this class was like having root canal without Novocaine!

Just to bring a little humor into our lives, after the first class I called my son and asked him if he could pick me up. I told him that his father fell asleep in class and was held over for detention. The boy bought the story- hook, line and sinker. I was a little sad to find out that he did indeed drive all the way to the library to get me - until I found out his real reason to show up was to laugh at his Dad when he was "released from detention". Mr. Wonderful and I were comfortably in our jammies when he returned home - silly boy...

1 comment:

Angela said...

Poor Bobby!! He's a better child than I am. I'd have left both my parent's there and told my mom next time she's better see to her responsibility and keep dad awake. Glad you enjoyed your day of torture :)