Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Weekends

This truly in the nicest time of the year- no holidays, no birthdays - Sunday dinners with the kids because they WANT to be there.

On Saturday, everyone disappeared in different directions. Mr. W and I did dinner and a play (La Cage). We had a great time. #1 son did the Oyster Bay Festival with friends. #2 son did dinner and a movie.

On Sunday, Mr. W made a fire and I cooked all day and watched football with the gang. Seriously now, does that not sound like a perfect Sunday??

I am trying to make these easy weekends last.... All the stores are trying to remind me that the crazy Hoidays are approaching.... I am keeping serenity for as long as possible this year.

3 comments:

Matriarch said...

You call cooking all day for the gang, with them underfoot, serenity?

Angela said...

I do.... I really do...

Angela said...

First, I agree with #1. That sounds like the best possible day. Food and family! Clearly my mother has lost all real sense.

Second, if you're prepared for the holidays ahead of time, they aren't as chaotic as everyone seems to think. I only have four more gifts to buy and two to make. I can't wait for Christmas!