Monday, September 14, 2009

Jersey is not THAT far, is it?

Saw the extended family this weekend. The family will be growing again - it was a baby shower. So nice to get together for happy occasions. I must love my cousin a lot - did I mention it was in South Jersey??? When I got the invitation, I simply responded, "Yes". There is nothing I wouldn't do for my cousin, "The Matriarch".

Trying to remember some of the highlights of the day.... Was it when Mr. W. touched something on the GPS and had us going around in circles? How about when we were making the punch and I decided to sample it, with an extra shot of Vodka (hell, it was 12:30 already, certainly time for a cocktail). Smelling the 5 different chocolate candies that were melted into baby diapers? Watching Jen open gifts? The hugs... I love hugging... it was good to hug everyone.

Yes, those were memorable moments - but for me, it was the 'visiting' that was the most fun... seeing my cousins, huddling in a corner, catching up in quiet conversations - THIS is what it was all about.

Thanks, Jen, for giving us a reason to all be together. Thanks, Angela #2 for hosting it at your beautiful house where we could all mull around and visit with each other. Thanks, Matriarch, for pulling the family together for this happy occasion. Thanks, "Accidental Mother", for showing up and proving to me that you are a real person and not just an avatar! And, a special thanks to Mr. Wonderful for never blinking when I said, "We have to leave at 9:30 tomorrow morning to go to a baby shower."

5 comments:

Matriarch said...

It is CENTRAL Jersey! But we all thank you for making the trip (travelling the farthest) and all your wonderful help in setting up and keeping everything running smoothly.

anonymous said...

you came that close to me and didn't stop in? I have gone out of my way just because I was "on the island" to see you!!!! Now I see....I will have to do it my way....

Angela said...

I was with your wife all day. Had she invited us back to your house, we would have come. We only show up at parties without invitations!! Geez, cuz, don't get your panties twisted!

Heidi said...

it was nice to see you too! I'm glad I made the trip from Lebanon. and you got to see that I really do have at least one child.

anonymous said...

Since when do you need an invitation to my house? Besides.....I asked you last week if we were going to get together.... Panties are for men who sit through showers..where did we go wrong with him?? LOL