Friday, September 18, 2009

You're getting sleeeeepy....

I went to a seminar last night. It was a hypnosis session for weight loss. Hey, I am desperate, I will try anything short of getting my jaw wired.

I did hypnosis once before - 26 years ago - to quit smoking. I walked out of that one session completely smoke free. Of course, I was so motivated to quit that I think if a stranger on the street came up to me and said, "STOP SMOKING", I would have!

I am no less motivated this time. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to diet for quite a while now. The only thing I have succeeded in doing is gaining a few more pounds. Granted, there is extra stress in my life right now and I could blame that - but anyone who has kids knows - THERE IS ALWAYS STRESS!! It is time to get a grip!

The seminar was free. They charge you for the hypnotic session and follow up materials. All follow up seesions are free, also. Not a bad deal, so I paid and sat through the group hypnosis.

It is going to work? I'll let you know.... I want it to work, and I think that is half the battle. The other half is trying to keep my hands from shoving food into my mouth... baby steps....

2 comments:

Matriarch said...

I'll be waiting for follow-up info. I have often thought about trying hypnosis. I, too, am getting desperate.

Anonymous said...

That's how Stephanie lost weight. Not hypnosis.......wiring her mouth shut!