Saturday, June 12, 2010

Motivation

As you all know (read) - we thoroughly enjoyed Allison's visit. Equally as enjoyable was looking at the pictures afterward and reliving some of the funnier moments.

THEN REALITY SET IN - Looking at those picture made me realize how much weight I had put on in the past couple years. I was blown away!! SO - I started my diet - a REAL diet. Cereal with low fat milk for breakfast, salad with non-fat dressing for lunch, protein and salad for dinner. Lots of water and lots of fresh strawberries.

I asked Mr. Wonderful for his help and he was willing to do anything I asked. I told him that I had to stop worrying about feeding him and Michael - he was going to have to take over that responsibility. I needed to be just a little selfish right now and take care of me. He was totally supportive and said he would do anything I asked.

I am happy to report that in the 5 weeks since Allison has left, I lost 10 pounds!! Mr.Wonderful has also dropped 10 pounds and he is still eating ice cream and sugar wafers!! He is just not eating my cooking!! Michael eats a lot of take out food and he never complains.

So, I guess it is plain to see, the culprit is my cooking! I am going to continue with this plan for as long as I can, with one little change. I will ALWAYS cook on Sundays when my little chickadees come home to roost.... but the leftovers will go home with Bobby (it's good to be the youngest kid!)

8 comments:

Angela said...

Preachin to the choir cuz

Matriarch said...

I hope that you add a little protein to that lunch salad too. I am jealous because my problem is the snacking all around me - I don't have the willpower. Time to reinforce it.
Lots of luck on your diet.

Anonymous said...

Can you please send some Sunday leftovers to Key West?!?! :)

Heidi said...

WTG Angela!

Heidi said...

how is the new diet/eating lifestyle going? I'm also on the salads being post-partum. One week out and I no longer look pregnant - just fat. So that's an improvement, I think. lol!

Angela said...

Heidi - I am down 11 pounds now. I am fitting into shorts that I have not worn in 2 years! Better than that, some of things are way too baggy on me now!!

I do not have the luxury of "time to plan" - so I just find it easier to eat the same thing day after day. NO, I am not bored with my meals - It is very comforting knowing I do not have to plan or make choices.

We still go out to dinner with friends and I will do the grilled chicken and salad or grilled chicken with steamed vegetables. After all, it is not about the food, but the company.

Would love to drop at least another 10 - it is coming off slowly, but steadily... Still look forward to my Sunday dinners, but it is easy not to go overboard when I see steady results.

Matriarch said...

I could follow that if I didn't work in an office or have to live with my man. I guess I'll just have to find a way for him to snack without me. I am getting desperate!!!

Heidi said...

I lost 25 lbs since having Claire and I'm trying to take advantage of that for motivation! Lots of salads, fruit for snacks, grilled chicken or hardboiled eggs for protein. I got cleared for light exercise today so I'm going to start incorporating some walks pushing the double stroller. I'd like to lose another 40 lbs so I'm about a third of the way there. :)