Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Extended Family

Had a very interesting weekend.

Saturday, we celebrated Rosh Hashanah with our neighbors. They had a lot of family over and they included Mr. Wonderful and I in the celebration. It was wonderful to be a part of the day. Their great-nephew and 3 great-neices were at the house - is there anything better than spending the day with little children (And then kissing them good-bye and going home to a little serenity)? I spent a good portion of the visit snuggling with a beautiful one year old, Annabella. She just warmed my heart as she held on to me while I rocked her. Watching the antics of the 2 yr. olds was so much fun, too. I always say, "you can never love too many children." I think there were some adults in the room also.... but I am not sure.

On Sunday, we spent the day with my son-in-law's family. It was another beautiful day filled with laughter and love. I remember when it was time to leave - you know us Italians, "WE GOTTA KISS EVERYBODY!!!" - and so we went from room to room, kissing and hugging. I made some new friends that day - we are all buddies on "Facebook" now!

Although I missed my Sunday Dinner at home with my kids, I realized something wonderful this weekend. We are truly blessed to have such an extended family that simply enjoys being together.

No comments: