Tuesday, December 08, 2015

December 3, any year

December 3 was my wedding anniversary - "our anniversary".... So strange for the day to come and go without him by my side.

Some people said, "Think of the happy times" - as if that would ease the pain.  There were so many happy times - all that did was make me miss him more.

Some said, "You were lucky to have all those years" - as if luck had anything to do with the longevity of our marriage.

I am a realist and I know that all the time, effort and energy put into making our marriage a good one was worth every bit of the work.  There was no luck involved and we earned all those happy times.
December 3 will always be "our anniversary" - but it will never be a "Happy Anniversary" again.

I am a survivor.  I will get through this and anything else that is tossed in the path of my life.  I always knew I would... I just didn't think I would be doing it alone.

No comments: