Thursday, December 17, 2015

Storchevoy "Wednesday"?

Allison invited everyone to my house last night for a Christmas Wrapping/Pizza party - we were to do HER wrapping - LOL!! ....and we did - and by "WE" I mean Suse and I.  Allie took care of everything.  She brought liquid encouragement,  appetizers and she provided the pizza later on.

While us girls were busy little elves in the dining room, the boys were very busy in the kitchen preparing appetizers for us.  I couldn't help but giggle when I saw Bobby searching for just the right platter to serve up the goodies.

This evening was an early Christmas gift to me.  I paid careful attention to their chatter and was just astounded at the things they could find to talk and laugh about!

They critiqued the appetizers:
A date, stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon:  "The ratio of bacon to date was incorrect,"  "Agreed! There should have been more bacon."  "There should have been a more pungent goat cheese in there."  "The date was too sweet!"

Hot dog rolled in puff pastry:  "These are the best - they roll them in parmesan"  "Are you really dunking that in ketchup"  "Don't judge me!"

Mozzarella sticks:  "Why did they explode?  they are flat!"  "I did that on purpose in case Allison wanted to make a sandwich with them"




Then they started on the stray cats and the weather:
"Do you believe that little cat still comes around here?  He was sleeping on the front steps when I got here and he never moved."

"Dad let that cat sleep in the garage the last 4 Winters!  He is wondering why Mom won't let him in there!"

"That's why we are having a mild Winter - Dad figured the cats would never survive a cold winter and mom would never let any of them take refuge in the garage. You know how dad LOVED 'weather' - he ordered a warm front for his cats!"

Is there anything better than witnessing my kids  find a silly reason to get together and just enjoy each other's company?  To some, this may be a Christmas Miracle - but, not to me.  I am blessed to say, this is just my life.


No comments: