Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Time to Give Thanks

Can you believe 'the holidays' are upon us already?  I guess it is true, the older we get, the faster the clock ticks!

I have come a long way since last Thanksgiving.  There is hole in my heart that will always be there, but it now rests comfortably, surrounded by love.

This year's Thanksgiving list does NOT include a menu!

I am thankful for my children.  They are truly good people.  They continue to be a source of pride and strength for me.  Their love and loyalty for me and each other is deeply rooted.

I am thankful for my extended family.  You have felt my pain and watched me as I heal.  You have offered nothing but love and support.  You have all rejoiced in my happiness, lately!  It is more than our shared DNA that keeps our bond so strong.

I am thankful for my friends - old ones and new ones.
My life is very different now.  It has been an adjustment for my old friends and I thank them for being on this roller coaster with me.
I am grateful for my new friends who travel this same road.  Life dealt us all a cruel blow, but we found each other.  Until one has walked in our shoes, they cannot fully understand what we go through. So thankful we have been there for eachother.

I am thankful for having Prince Charming in my life.   He makes me laugh everyday.  He makes me feel loved.  He has embraced my family and he has shared his loving family with me.  He makes me feel alive once again.  I can only hope that I do the same for him.  I am looking forward to all that life has in store for us.

I am most thankful for the lessons I have learned.... 

  • I work very hard to 'stay present in the moment'.    
  • I never pass up the opportunity to tell someone I love them.
  • I hug and kiss my loved ones OFTEN.
  • I smile always - it is good for my heart.
  • I look for the 'good' in everyone.... it's worth the effort.
  • Life is way too short - I live without regrets. 



No comments: