Thursday, August 31, 2006

Girls Only

I am starting to pack for my first "Big Girl" vacation. I am going down to the Keys to see Allison for the weekend - (Sat-Tues). My sister-in-law, Wendy, is coming with me. Wendy and I married the same year - and we have never taken vacations without our husbands. The only way we could pull this off, was to say she is accompanying me to visit my daughter, her niece. We started planning this as soon as Allison was transferred.

Our trip went from "just checking on the kids (We plan on seeing Michael,too)" to - VACATION WITH THE GIRLS as soon as we added a couple people. My cousin lives in Florda (Daytona area) and will meet us in Ft. Lauderdale (where we land). Wendy's dear friend also lives in Florida (Tampa area) and will also meet us in Ft. Lauderdale. We will then begin our trek to Islamorada where my daughter has secured us a 2 bedroom suite on the beach.

The plane has not even taken off yet and we are planning to make this an annual event - by invitation only - GIRLS ONLY!

I am looking forward to sitting on the beach, a drink in my hand, watching the waves, getting a tan - AND ANSWERING TO NO ONE!! This weekend, it will be good to be me!

If your invitation has not arrived by March 15, 2007, suffice it to say you will not be included in next year's journey.

2 comments:

Angela said...

We will make an exception for you - you can sleep between me and Florence!!

Angela said...

that mental picture is pretty scary