Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring and things

Finally, Spring has arrived. This weekend we were graced with temperatures in the high 70's, soccer games and a new softball schedule (for #1 Granddaughter). Yes, it is offically Spring! I have begun to sit on my front stoop watching the kids on the block play together. Stoop sitting is a lost art - I am trying to bring it back single handedly!

On another note. my youngest son, Bobby, is preparing for his graduation from college - "YOU GO, BOBBY!" and his entrance in the NYPD Academy "you go, bobby..". If all goes well, he will begin the academy in July. Thus will begin my future of worrying about a child at a NEW level. As a mother of 5, and grandmother of 2, pseudo-mom of another 4, and a mother-in-law, I have transformed worrying into an olympic sport! If worrying burnt up calories, I would weigh 60 pounds, but alas, I think it adds to the pounds - ah, the injustice of it all....

This is the season of new hope, new life. I am officially ready for whatever life is ready to hand me!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Glad life is going well for you!