Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Re-Cap

This was a VERY different Christmas for me.  Christmas was ALWAYS celebrated with my children. Since compromise is the key to a successful relationship.... we headed to Pennsylvania and spent it with Prince Charming's children.... all of them.  What a gift!  

First, a particular thank you goes out to my children who were understanding and supportive of my decision to "spend it with my other family".  I saw them all prior to Christmas - and we will all be together on New Year's Day.  I am grateful that we all live close by and can see each other often.

Next, a special thank you goes out to the "C-Unit" for their warmth and acceptance.  It was a perfect weekend!  Having little ones around just added to the magic that we call Christmas.  There were too many hugs and kisses to count.   There were special moments that will be forever etched into my memory.... eating, drinking, dancing, watching the kids play with their toys (the BIG kids with their remote controlled cars and playing with the LITTLE KIDS' Legos), cuddling on the couch to watch movies, etc.

Top 5:
- Having a stress-free drive each way (read that: NO TRAFFIC)

- Remembering to bring everything that we planned

- Getting unsolicited hugs from the babies

- Watching the BIG kids interact with each other with love in their eyes

- Seeing my Prince so happy and enjoying every minute....


Christmas miracles are always present... you just need to know where to look for them.




No comments: