Thursday, December 08, 2016

The Christmas Letter

Each year, I receive several Christmas Letters where people tell me everything that has happened to them this past year.

That made me think about my life this past year...... perhaps the letter would sound like this:

Winter 2016
Well, I've made it through my first holiday season.  It sucked, but I survived.  Keeping my eye on May 26 - I am sure my life will change after that.

Spring 2016
Thankful that it was a mild Winter.  Just one real snowstorm, and my kind neighbors cleared it away for me.  Grateful that I have been able to get away often.  Looking forward to the milder weather.  Keeping my eye on the calendar.  I promised myself to make positive changes and become a human being again.

May 2016
The month came and went.  Whereas I will always mourn Mr. Wonderful's passing, I know I will be okay.  I know I am in charge of my life.  I know my kids are keeping a watchful eye on me, from a safe distance.  I am standing tall, once again. 

Summer, Fall, Winter 2016
Got my life on track.  Ventured out into the "real" world.  Met some other widows who are trying to get their lives back, as well.  Kissed a couple frogs.  Met my prince.

No comments: